What is Defensive Driving in New Jersey?
Taking defensive driving in New Jersey is a great idea for anyone who has a driver’s license or auto insurance coverage. We encourage all New Jersey drivers to take a little time out of their lives to protect themselves, their passengers and their pocketbooks. The process, however, can be a little confusing, especially if it’s your first time. We’ve all been there, wondering “What is defensive driving and why do I need it?” Good thing you have us to help explain it and make the process as easy and effortless as possible.
What is Defensive Driving?
If you are thinking about taking a defensive driving course in New Jersey, you may be unsure about a few things. Let’s start with the basics: “What is defensive driving?” According to the New Jersey Driving Manual, “Most road collisions are caused by motorist error. To reduce the likelihood of being involved in a collision, a motorist needs to understand the concept of defensive driving. These voluntary courses provide a motorist with standard collision preventing techniques.” New Jersey defensive driving programs will teach you everything you need to know to protect yourself and others every time you get behind the wheel.
Why Should I Take Defensive Driving in New Jersey?
We all know that safety is very important, but that isn’t enough motivation for most people to take defensive driving in New Jersey. Luckily, there are a few other great benefits involved with completion of the program. So, why should you take the course? Three reasons:
- Clean up your driving record!- When you complete a defensive driving course, the New Jersey MVC will remove two points from your driving record. Keeping your driving record clean can help you avoid costly penalties and keep your insurance rates from rising.
- Lower your auto insurance premium!- Any auto insurance provider in New Jersey is required to offer a discount to any policy holder that completes a defensive driving course. The discount, which is usually between 5% and 10% lasts for three years and can be renewed for continuous savings.
- Become a better, more confident driver!- While this tends to be the least appealing for most people, it is undoubtedly the most important benefit. Sure, saving money is great, but having knowledge that could save your life is even better!
As evidenced above, there are three great reasons to take defensive driving in New Jersey. If you were on the fence, it’s pretty clear what your decision should be, right?
What are the Requirements?
While some states have strict Eligibility Requirements when it comes to defensive driving courses, New Jersey is not one of them. In fact, determining your eligibility to take defensive driving in New Jersey is quite simple. If you are taking the course for a point reduction, you may only do so once every five years. Alternatively, if you are taking the course for an auto insurance reduction, you may only do so once every three years. Despite the time requirements, almost everyone can, and should, take a New Jersey defensive driving course.
How Does it Work
Most people are surprised to discover how easy completing defensive driving in New Jersey can be. Our convenient online course makes the process even simpler by allowing you to complete the entire course from home. There are only three Quick and Easy Steps involved in completing our course:
- Register for our course in just a couple of minutes. You can also Contact Us at anytime to register with a representative.
- Complete the course at your own pace by logging on and off whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Submit your Instant Completion Certificate to your auto insurance provider to receive your discount.
That’s it! You’ll be done in no time with a renewed sense of safety, a cleaner driving record and a lower auto insurance rate.
What Will I Learn?
New Jersey defensive driving courses will teach you everything you need to know to become a better, safer driver. The topics covered, in keeping with the New Jersey MVC guidelines, include:
How Do I Get Started?
Now that you’ve learned what defensive driving is, why you should take it, what the requirements are, how it works, and what you will learn, you should be ready and willing to get started. Luckily, that is the easiest part! Simply Enroll in our course now or Give Us a Call and you’ll be on your way to all of the great benefits that come along with our quick and easy course. The next time someone asks “What is defensive driving?” you’ll have all of the answers!